You will be performing work at Lelystad Airport. In many cases – both airside and landside – you will need a work permit to do so. A work permit ensures that everyone can carry out their work at the airport safely. Please check below whether you need a work permit or whether written permission is sufficient.
When do I need a work permit?
The nature and scope of the work will determine whether you need to apply for a work permit or whether a written request by e-mail is sufficient. The work is permitted only after you have received written confirmation of this from the airport. A work permit is always required for the following activities:
- Work that is (partly) performed on airside;
- Work that is (partly) outside the applicant’s own premises (e.g. partly on access roads);
- Excavation work. The applicant must provide a Klic notification separately;
- Work carried out on or near electronic or mechanical installations in or on land and buildings. The applicant must submit a completed circuit card with the application;
- Work involving cranes and/or aerial work platforms;
- Worki involving tree/shrub felling and/or structural pruning work;
- Work affecting the fire-safe use (sprinkler/fire separation/fire alarm system) and evacuation (escape routes/evacuation system) of a building;
- Work impacting the operations of other users (e.g., SRA-CP, land border, X-ray, etc.);
- In case of events.
How long in advance should I apply for a work permit?
If a work permit is required, the application period is at least ten working days. For large and complex applications, you should allow for a maximum of seven weeks. If you do not need a work permit and a written confirmation from the airport is sufficient, your application can be approved within two working days.
Apply for your work permit
- You can apply for your work permit using the button(s) below.
- Activities that do not require a work permit can be requested via e-mail from the Work Permit Coordinator.
- Applications for photo and film activities can be requested directly through the Communications Department.
- If you want to read more about the formal application procedure, please read our ‘Work permit application procedure’.
- Do you still have questions? Perhaps they are in our FAQs. Do you still have a question after having read the FAQs? If so, please contact the Work Permit Coordinator.
- For more information about the processing of your personal data, please see the Lelystad Airport Privacy Statement.